Laughter in the dark
An email about email
I hope this finds you glimmering under the banner of August.
It is that time of the season when I write you an email because you subscribe to My Substack. Thank you for subscribing.
As you may have gleaned, I do not send posts out by email....a decision which drives 51% of you nuts and delights the other 49%... One day I will explain the thinking behind this perversion, but until then you can always visit here for posts, or await the infrequent email with list of recent scribbles:
How to arrange flowers
On failing to concentrate
Motley post (yuzu, Valium, gossip)
Cheat codes for life: tricks for beauty, health, happiness, home
A night at the movies
How to cut in line at the Metropolitan Museum
On being unable to write fiction / getting lost in the jungle
On Annie Ernaux and autofiction
On fire and Dr. Jason Momoa
Most of those are "locked" but do not worry: it is a pay-what-you-wish Substack, and if you wish to pay Absolutely Nothing I welcome you with open (and gardenia-fragrant) arms. Go here to read a tortured explanation + instructions.
On a giggle and a prayer,